Monday, June 2, 2014

Keukenhof: Tulip Paradise


Flowers seem intended for the solace of ordinary humanity.
~John Ruskin

The best thing about visiting the Netherlands during Spring is having the chance to visit Keukenhof, also hailed as the Garden of Europe. If it’s not that beautiful, Singapore would not waste the effort in making a Mini Keukenhof here for their residents. It’s THAT beautiful. I have never seen such a beauty and more peaceful place in my life before. Truly,  flowers can give you the feeling of solace and giving you the chance to appreciate the beauty of nature, its simplicity and purity. Come On!  You do not need an effort to make a flower beautiful; they are made to be breathtaking. How much more if it’s a HUGE space with lots of them? Over 7 million flower bulbs were planted in the 32 hectare of garden land  and with them in full bloom, different colors, and arrangements. Wah! Walking along the streets of the garden made me feel like I was in a dream, only I was awake. 














Keukenhof, you made me experience how it feels like to be in a paradise - a very beautiful and fragrant paradise.




No comments:

Post a Comment