Sunday, October 19, 2014

Monday Blues: Matchbox Twenty



Rob Thomas. Do I need to say more about this rock band of my generation? I guess not.  And it’s practically unfair for the other band members because their band was known for Rob Thomas’ sexy voice. But apart from his sexy voice (reiteration intended), the lyrics of their songs are to-die for. The melody of their songs will give you goosebumps. The entire 3 minutes or so of listening to one of their songs is an experience, not just a pastime. It feels like Rob Thomas is pouring his heart out and you get to witness it with your own feelings and soul. It’s like he’s painting the picture perfectly and you get to live with it. That’s how powerful his songs are.

Anyway, for this day, let me share with you my top Matchbox Twenty songs.  Enjoy!


Unwell
But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
I know right now you can't tell
But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see
A different side of me



Bent
Can you help me I'm bent
I'm so scared that I'll never
Get put back together


If You're Gone
I think I've already lost you
I think you're already gone
I think I'm finally scared now
You think I'm weak - but I think you're wrong
I think you're already leaving
Feels like your hand is on the door
I thought this place was an empire
But now I'm relaxed - I can't be sure


Disease
You left a stain
On every one of my good days
But I am stronger than you know
I have to let you go





Official Page: http://www.matchboxtwenty.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment