Thursday, August 7, 2014

Throwback: Binondo Trip

The foodie in me is never tired of travelling hundred miles and even enduring long hours of travel (and traffic) just to get that little piece of heaven in my mouth. And the foodie in me is not afraid of trying the local delicacies (except for snake recipes) just to taste their culture seeping in my tongue. And lastly, the foodie in me is always feeling happy after indulging in gastronomy. And after having a taste of the very famous Tim Ho Wan this week, I remembered one of my journeys in Binondo. It really was a trip made straight from night shift work just to taste authentic Chinese dishes for very affordable price. Imagine, I traded sleep for some food – it rarely happens.
Anyway, Binondo is the oldest Chinatown in the world.  Having said that, Filipinos have been enjoying the cuisine since 1594. And who wouldn’t love authentic dimsum and dumplings? Tell me and I will drag him to the nearest Chinatown to taste these little goodies. He sure as hell will forget his name.

I can’t remember the name of this restaurant but ohlalalalalaa, it was a total foodgasm during that moment. You can see the picture of the tired me with that goodie. A tired but happy me. That is the effect of good food to me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment