Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Daddy - From the Little Girl

I will tell everyone a secret. Even at this age, I am proud to say that I will always be my Daddy’s little girl. To everyone who wants that spot, especially my dear nieces, sorry to say but I am your lolo’s little girl. I still remember those days I bump my forehead to his forehead for good luck during exams. And since I got good grades, he’s proud in saying that the mantra worked.

He’s the first one who has given me flowers on special occasions. My supplier of red wine during the Holidays. The granter of my childish wishes – he never fails to be affected by my puppy dog pleading eyes whenever I want a simple token from him (he just gave me a Christmas present even if I am very much capable of buying a phone, though I gave him a phone too in return). 

The man together with the woman (my mom) who never failed to give me my box of chocolates on Valentine’s day when I was still in Manila. The father who never fails to be proud of whatever achievement I made in my life and career – he would be telling it to his colleagues, friends or even the strangers passing by our street. One of the men whose opinions I value. One of the men whose  intellect and success in business I admire . And the first man I love in this lifetime.



And today, the first thing that came to my mind was to greet the first man that I love a Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Daddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment