Monday, March 10, 2014

Review: This Girl


I am not quite sure if Colleen Hoover will decide to have another book for this series so I am not going to tell that this is the last instalment of the Slammed Story (I'm still hoping that this is not the end of the beautiful story of Lake and Will). When I heard about this being Will's POV (Point of View) of Slammed, I was like, okay, this is the same storyline, same words but with Will's side comments and thoughts. However, this book is the smartest POV ever written. It was written in such a way that it is still in the present (after their Wedding ,which is so adorable) but they look back to what it was at the moment they saw each other until the time they started to stop fighting their feelings to one another. Very clever I must say. And even until this book, those poems still touch my heart in so different and wonderful ways. Colleen Hoover is indeed one of my favorite authors.

"Sometimes two people need to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together."


“Layken Cooper, I love you. I’ve loved you since the second I laid eyes on you and I haven’t stopped loving you for a second since.” 

“I held this girl in my arms
She wrapped her tiny fingers around mine.
It was then that I realized.
She was the fusion.
The glue.
The cement that bound all my pieces together.
The piece that seals my puzzle.
The piece that completes my life.
The element that makes me who I am.
Who I was.
Who I'll one day be.
You, baby girl.
You're my final piece.” 

“But every smile on your face

seems to replace
A memory I'd rather not hold
Each time you laugh, it fills a
void
Each kiss heals another wound 
in my soul” 

“I want to be your soulmate, even if I don't believe in them.” 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment