Tuesday, April 8, 2014

When in Singapore: Singapore Zoo

Let's get wild in Singapore. Well, I am not talking about the foam parties, the booze and the likes - though that sounds awesome too, I am talking about visiting the World's Best Rainforest Zoo, the country's namesake, the Singapore Zoo. I guess, it's one of the first places I visited when I was still a tourist and never had a chance to come back ever since. It's not because it's not good, it's because I live at the other end of Singapore. For me, I am not used to visiting zoos with animals that are not caged. At least in Manila, the animals are confined in one area, most are in cages for safety purposes of the visitors. So when I first set foot of this beautiful zoo, I was in awe when I saw the animals walking around their area without those huge cages and barricades. I was once again a kid with all the "awws" "ahs" and "ohs" - very stoked.

Since 1973, Singapore Zoo has been known for having among the most beautiful wildlife park settings in the world, where animals roam freely in open and naturalistic habitats.
Nine-time winner of the coveted Best Leisure Attraction Experience award by the Singapore Tourism Board, our 26-hectare wildlife park is nestled within the lush Mandai rainforest that stretches into the magnificent Upper Seletar Reservoir. More than 2,800 animals representing over 300 species of mammals, birds and reptiles call Singapore Zoo home.




Step into this massive biodome and marvel at the richness and diversity of the rainforest - recreated in the form of a 20,000 cubic metre flight area - one of the largest in the world.

Opening Time: 8.30am
Closing Time:   6.00pm


When in Singapore is a series of entries featuring the beautiful Singapore - it’s people, it’s culture, it’s food and it’s places). Join me in my journey to get to know this country deeper

No comments:

Post a Comment