Monday, January 6, 2014

When in Singapore: Minced Meat Noodles

Of all the things and places I can feature about the country I am currently in, I have chosen to write about food as my pilot. Why wouldn't I? Singapore is a melting pot of different cuisines- from the most common ones (Chinese, Malaysian and Indonesian cuisines) to highly specialized cuisines like Spanish, Turkish and Russian to name a few. Definitely, this country is a haven for foodies out there.

In this entry, I am going to share a personal favorite (to the point of ensuring I get it at least once a week for lunch). This delicious dish is the Minced Meat / Minced Pork Noodles. From the name itself, its main ingredient is ground pork partnered with noodles. Other ingredients include fried dumpling, fried pork, spring onion, cabbage, marinated mushroom, pork liver and some chili (optional). I haven’t tried preparing it on my own, but from the looks of the dish, it’s as simple as cooking the noodles in their special broth, and add the ingredients and voila! there’s the dish.

Indulge in authentic Chinese noodles for only six dollars or less from any hawker/ food court shops in Singapore. If you love noodles, you will definitely need to try this when you’re in Singapore.





When in Singapore is a series of entries featuring the beautiful Singapore - it’s people, it’s culture, it’s food and it’s places). Join me in my journey to get to know this country deeper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment